At the request of many of you, here is how to make your own sushi. This will save you tons of $$ and you can get super creative.
To make the rice:
I use a rice cooker. It is super easy.
If you use white rice, use 1/4 C less the amount of water as normal. Example: For 2 C rice you would only put in 3 3/4 C water.
If you use brown rice (which I do) cook the rice normal. Example: For 2 C brown rice use 4 C water.
When the rice is done, add about 1 tbsp white or rice vinegar per each cup of rice. I like mine a little more vinegary so I do one extra tbsp. Then I add 2 tbsp Chia seeds but you can use Sesame seeds. Stir all this together.
To make the sushi:
Cut up anything you want in your sushi. Examples:
-Carrots
-Avocados
-Cucumber
-Zucchini
-Green Onion
-Cooked Eggs
-Crab
-Tuna
-Pickled Daikon (a delicious Korean radish)
-Red, Green or Yellow Peppers
Here is a picture of everything I used:
Now, take your toasted/roasted seaweed and place it shiny side down. SO, there is a shiny and a rough side. You want the rough side up and shiny side down. OK?
Now take some rice and spread it over about 1/4 - 1/2 of the seaweed like this
Now put your fixins in the middle of the rice pile like this
Now it's time to roll it up! Start at the side with the rice and fixins and roll it up once and try to shape it roundly.
Then pick up the top part of the bamboo mat and pull it so you can roll the sushi roll one more time. If you do not pick up the bamboo mat, you will roll it up with the sushi roll. Tasty.
Spuish down the roll and shape it roundly. Then pull the bamboo sheet again and roll the sushi roll up one more time.
Repeat process until the sushi roll is completely rounded and done.
Then cut the rolls with a serrated knife because they work the best. Then enjoy the beauty of your homemade sushi!!








1 comment:
I will be making this soon! thanks for sharing, it looks so delish!
Post a Comment