Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Let's get physical

Mike and I have been exercising for the past 3 months. Every morning we wake up at 5:30 am and get to the gym by 6 am. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays we do a 30-35 min walk/run and then lift weights. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and sometimes Saturdays we walk/run for 45 min.
Mike has signed up for the Isagenix body challenge. He could win a total of $10,000! Woo hoo! What great money to go towards adoption! He is half way through and has lost 85 lbs! He is doing so well! So keep your fingers crossed...
We raced in a 5K in the middle of December. I always thought that people were crazy running every day. But when you do a race, it's WAY more fun! I still don't like running during the week, but running for something makes it a little more fun! SO.....
We just signed up for two triathlons. The 1st is on May 15th in St. George. This will just be a sprint triathlon (.5 mile swim, 20K bike ride, and 5K run). The 2nd is on September 18th in St. George also (Kokopelli). This one will be an Olympic triathlon which is double the distance of a sprint! Are we crazy? I think so....

2 comments:

Perry Family said...

We are so happy for Mike and you! That is such a wonderful feat...and two triathelons!!! Going for the gold in 2010!!

Who is Pin Dot? said...

Keep it up you two. You're looking great!